Sunday, September 27, 2009

Waiting to go...

I love the way Luke follows up in his 2nd book in Acts 1:1-5. Jesus gives the command to his Apostles not to leave Jerusalem until God had given the okay by empowering their mission with the Holy Spirt.

I wonder how often I get ahead of God's timing by trying to attempt something that I am not empowered to do. Without the Holy Spirit going with me then there is no heavenly power to accomplish the task. There are many noble tasks that need to be done and it seems that they need to be done now, but without Holy Spirit empowerment then the results will not be what God intended.

So waiting until the Lord says go is just as important than the "going." Going under our own power and influence will make for a discouraging journey and for a less than desirable results. So the key to success in the work of the Lord is:
1) Living under the power of the Holy Spirit and
2) Not doing anything that is not ordained by God and fueled by the leadership of the Holy Spirit.

What have I been trying to do that God never told me to do? I have a feeling that there are a lot of things that I attempt that He never intended for me to do. If they were of Him and empowered by the Holy Spirit then there would be no doubt that they were His because there would be no human explanation for the results. The Apostles waited and when they went there was a huge explosion of Christian growth that can only be explained by Holy Spirit power.

No comments:

Post a Comment